Posting Date: March 22, 2022
Classification: Professional Services
Salary Range: Low 70k
Available Positions: 1
Monitors MOED’s adult and youth services operations to verify the operations are in compliance with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) regulations, as well as, the rules and regulations of other public and private sector funders. Must have the ability to establish and cultivate collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners to promote the goals of the agency and ensure that monitoring visits result in positive outcomes. The Compliance Monitor must be able to communicate effectively (oral and written), with members of the workforce development board, internal and external partner organization, Maryland Department of Labor, and community stakeholders. Provide oversite and supervision of the follow-up unit who serve as a resource for other MOED units to connect with hard to reach customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts regularly scheduled and random MOED site monitoring visits to insure MOED program operations are in compliance with MOED‘s established processes and procedures (Standard Operations Procedures; SOP’s) across all locations.
- Audits adult and youth case files for all programs agency-wide to ensure data accuracy compared to Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) and other warehoused data
- Ensure that staff are apprised of changes to Federal and state guidelines related to WIOA and/or other generic/specialized program offerings.
- Provides timely verbal and written compliance reports of monitoring visits to MOED management
- Counsels staff on corrective actions required to effectively address non-compliance; provides applicable guidance to staff
- Conducts follow up monitoring visits to confirm corrective actions have been accurately and effectively employed with consistency
- Provides quarterly summary compliance reports in statistical and narrative format by location; notes corrective actions
- Coordinates periodic reviews of customer records maintained by MOED and subcontractors; reports on compliance with MOED SOP’s and WIOA and other applicable program rules and regulations
- As necessary, facilitates and provides verbal and written training and communications on Federal, State, and other regulatory changes; oversees the implementation of required operational changes
- Serves as an advocate for MOED on state and local WIOA workgroups as necessary
- Monitors Federal WIOA and other applicable regulatory bulletins, alerts, and revisions
- Monitors consistency of processes, data and files maintenance within MOED WIOA administration across all sites on a routine basis
- Participate in subcontracting monitoring inclusive of participant interviews as appropriate.
- Perform supervisory functions to include interviewing, performance monitoring, processing of payroll and coaching;
- Support follow-up staff in overcoming barriers to meeting goals and objectives by maintaining open and
accessible communications and providing opportunities for performance improvement and professional
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of WIOA regulations as they relate to supporting MOED adult and youth services operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of MOED client enrollment, client files and other client data management processes and procedures
- Ability to understand, interpret and train others on applicable public and private regulations - supporting MOED’s Operations
- Good analytical skills and project management skills
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products: MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Proficiency in using, interpreting and extracting data from MWE and other applicable data management systems
- Ability to lead a small team of professionals and function as team member
- Continuing access to a vehicle to travel between MOED sites for monitoring visits
- Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation