Posting Date: November 22, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Classification: Facilities/Office Services II
Salary Range: 48k
101 W. 24th St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
About the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development
The Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) coordinates and directs workforce development initiatives that are responsive to the needs of Baltimore City employees and job seekers to enhance and promote the local economy. At MOED, we view our mission broadly to deliver economic justice to our city. To us, economic justice means creating an equitable workforce system for all residents – especially those who have been generationally and systemically disadvantaged – one that is responsive to their needs and ensures viable economic opportunities. Our vision is for every City resident to maximize his/her career potential and for all employers have the human resources to grow and prosper – a workforce system that works.
This is data processing work of a technical and complex nature. The work involves the exercise of independent judgment in making decisions and carrying out prescribed tasks.
Typical Examples of Work Performed:
- ·Works with providers to collect eligibility documentation, and complete registration of participants for the program.
- Examines and verifies client records and documents.
- Enters customer data, either employer or jobseeker, into the reporting system.
- Creates and prepares automated and manual reports using various tracking systems including statistical data and detailing the status of participants.
- Analyzes data to ensure performance standards are achieved.
- Resolves data discrepancies.
- Edits registrations, services, placements and outcomes in the reporting system.
- Monitors MIS data on line.
- Processes and analyzes computer report data and makes appropriate corrections.
- Acts as liaison with in-house staff and providers to collect documentation for program start and end dates, credentials received, skills gain, job placement information, job retention information and to resolve errors.
- Assists in training in-house, out-station staff and providers when needed.
- Prepares correspondence describing problem areas.
- May assist with Eligibility Verification, Data Validation, Manual and Electronic Audits.
- Conducts research as needed.
- Support Youth Services Program
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain management information systems and related City, State and Federal requirements, regulations , and policies governing customer data
- Ability to analyze data and its impact on performance.
- Ability to develop strategies to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and follow through to resolve problems related to specific funding.
- Ability to communicate and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to learn within a reasonable amount of time, the rules, regulations and procedures governing funding titles and tracking/reporting requirements for specified programs and/or funding sources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and program operators.
- Familiarity with management information systems used by MOED.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and personal computer equipment and software
- Ability to work as a member of a team to assure project completion.
- Ability to organize work in order to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of data systems functions and ability to create system queries.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience including at least three years in MIS/Data Processing environment.
- Or, any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience.
- This position requires site visits to the providers. Possession of a valid Maryland driver's license and daily access to a motor vehicle is preferred.