Posting Date: July 13, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Classification: Human Services
Salary Range: 27.18/hour
Status: Part-Time/20 hours per week (2:30pm-7:30pm)
Location: 1510 W Lafayette Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217
About City of Baltimore, Mayor’s Office of Employment Development:
The Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) coordinates and directs workforce development initiatives responsive to the needs of Baltimore City employees and job seekers in order to enhance and promote the local economy. At MOED, we view our mission broadly to deliver economic justice to our city! To us, economic justice means creating an equitable workforce system for all residents – especially those who have been generationally and systemically disadvantaged – one that is responsive to their needs and ensures viable economic opportunities. Our vision is for every City resident to maximize his/her career potential and all employers have the human resources to grow and prosper – a workforce system that works.
Work involves Life Skill services for youth participating in the Youth Opportunity (PACT) Pre
Adjudication Coordination and Transition Evening Reporting Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish rapport with participants to show themselves as a welcoming, trustworthy individual who has their best interests and success foremost in mind.
- Interview participant, meeting with them regularly to determine the areas where the participant needs coaching or guidance.
- Utilize strategies, such as Motivational Interviewing, to guide participants through changing maladaptive behaviors.
- Develop plans and methods aimed at addressing specific issues in a participant’s life including anger management, conflict resolution, financial literacy, communication skills, navigating through systems, etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating activities, both on-site and off-site, to strengthen professional relationships with participants for the purpose of effecting change.
- Compiling reports and completing client paperwork which detail engagement activities including phone calls, emails, in-person sessions, etc.
- Create a weekly or bi-weekly group activity to engage participants in self-motivation or self-awareness.
- Perform engagement/reengagement activities with participants that promote retention.
- Enhance youth awareness and use of social media.
- Acclimate youth to the process of using electronic devices (computers, ipad, phones, to conduct business such as for work purposes..
- Participate in supervision with the program supervisor as well as other required program meetings, trainings, conference calls, etc.
- Provide crisis management when needed.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Being able to motivate others.
- Having understanding of human psychology.
- Being a good listener.
- Possess interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience.
- Maryland driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
- Must have a clean Maryland driver’s record to be able to acquire city driver’s license
- Obtain a city drivers permit
- This position requires the availability to work evenings.
- Criminal Background Investigation.