Reports to: Superintendent
The Petroleum Construction Foreman is a working supervisor responsible for directing the work of the crew to complete project tasks on and off job sites.
· Read, interpret and execute jobs according to project plans
· Procure equipment & supplies needed, plan out project to minimize costs
· Ensure a safe working environment (Hardhat, safety glasses when required steel toe shoes)
· Report any incident or issues that would cause a delay or project overrun through the use of Daily Reports
· Complete all projects on time and within Budget (confer with Project Mgr.)
· Supervise a crew to conduct project – required activities in an efficient coordinated manner
· Interface with Clients in a positive manner while providing answers to common questions
· Ensure good communication and work closely with consultants to meet project specifications
· Provide detailed information on field work by submitting daily reports
· Complete accurate timesheets weekly and submitted on time
· Ensure a “site review” evaluation is completed with the Field Superintendent and have 90% of all supplies ordered (Prior to project start)
· Comply with Purchase Order procedures when making company related purchases
· Proactively manage the planning of set up kit in order to minimize extra expenses
· Maintain all equipment and trucks in a clean and good working order
· Ensure all employees wear appropriate clothing on site
· Must be Maryland & DC Underground Storage System Technician Certified
· 40 Hour OSHA Hazwoper Training, 8 hour OSHA Supervisor Training
· Certification and Training from Petroleum Equipment Manufacturer's
· Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
· Must be able to pass a federal background check
· CDL Class A a plus
· Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to Operator Heavy Equipment (backhoe, trackhoe, skid steer)
· Communicate with Project Managers, subcontractors, and vendors in capacity of Site Foreman
Supervise day to day responsibility of construction crew.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a field employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee will be required to travel to job sites, lift up to 60 pounds and operate heavy equipment.
Position Type/Days & Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday thru Friday generally from 7 am to 3pm. Hours may fluctuate depending on job site and deadlines.
$28-$32 Depending on experience.