Career Development Facilitator Job Posting
Posting Date: June 22, 2022
Number of Openings: 2
Classification: Human Services
Salary Range: 35k-43k
100 W. 23rd St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
About City of Baltimore, Mayor’s Office of Employment Development:
The Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) coordinates and directs workforce development initiatives responsive to the needs of Baltimore City employees and job seekers in order to enhance and promote the local economy. At MOED, we view our mission broadly to deliver economic justice to our city! To us, economic justice means creating an equitable workforce system for all residents – especially those who have been generationally and systemically disadvantaged – one that is responsive to their needs and ensures viable economic opportunities. Our vision is for every City resident to maximize his/her career potential and all employers have the human resources to grow and prosper – a workforce system that works.
A Career Development Facilitator job responsibility involves providing a variety of supportive employment services designed to enhance participants' employability. This includes combinations of the following activities: case management, counseling, and assessment, employability development planning, motivational and world of work workshops, job development and placement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and conduct workshop sessions that seek to accomplish one or more of the following objectives: 1) Provide instruction in job seeking, job retention, and all related aspects of the world of work, 2) Motivate interest; 3) Build self-esteem; and 4) Foster positive attitudes.
• Recruit and screen enrollees for eligibility based on legislative funding and make appropriate referral and placement in training opportunities and/or jobs
• Assesses customers’ employment needs, skills, and abilities
• Assist customers in developing an employment development plan and modify the plan as circumstances warrant
• Achieve program performance goals regarding enrollment, retention, completion, and placement in jobs, colleges or further training
• Administer and interpret the scores of various evaluation instruments
• Identify support services needed and makes referrals as appropriate
• Assesses customers’ adjustment and progress toward attainment of program objectives on worksites, in workshops and educational components
• Monitor worksites to determine client progress and provide support for assigned enrollees and employers
• Track and document customer progress through the system and intervene as necessary
• Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Develop, foster, and maintain effective working relationship with MOED clients, program participants/ customers, co-workers, public and private agency staff
• Verbal and written communication skills; Presentation skills to conduct workshop training
Solid organizational skills; execute work assignments on time in the format required
• Advance beginner to intermediate skill level in MS Office Product Suite to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Capable of learning and using designated Agency and/or City/State software programs as required
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
• Two years of experience in vocational rehabilitation, job development, or related human service field
• Global Career Development Certification is preferred.
• Equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience
• Maryland driver’s license and daily access to an automobile
• Criminal Background Investigation