Front Desk/ Visitor Services at Vollmer Center Job Posting Announcement
Posting Date: 6/2/21
Work Schedule: Thursday to Sunday 10:00am -4:00pm
Division: BCRP- Parks Bureau- Horticulture
Location: 4915 Greenspring Ave, Baltimore, MD 21209
Hire Up is a paid work experience opportunity.
- 13 weeks, with paid job readiness training
- Includes supportive services and job placement assistance
- Work with city agencies and nonprofit organizations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and engage visitors to the gardens and facilities; provide maps and general overviews; answer visitor questions regarding buildings, displays and gardens. Share history of facilities and gardening information with visitors. Assist with COVID guidelines
- Track numbers of visitors entering the building as directed. Encourage and collect donations; encourage visitors to complete visitor surveys
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate staff. Direct all rental questions to rental staff.
- Support Photo Shoot program – provide applications, collect fees, provide guidelines.
- Maintain gift shop and front desk in clean and attractive way; stock maps and brochures; price gift shop merchandise.
- Sell books and other gift shop items using computerized POS (point of sale) system
- Assist other Horticultural staff as time permits. Support volunteer organizations that are providing educational programs
City of Baltimore, Mayor’s Office of Employment Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider