IT TECHNICIAN Job Posting
Posting Date: April 18, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Classification: Grant Services Specialist III
Salary Range: $60,000
Status: Temporary Benefits Eligible
Location: 417 E. Fayette Street Suite 468, Baltimore, MD 21202
About City of Baltimore, Mayor’s Office of Employment Development:
The Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) coordinates and directs workforce development initiatives responsive to the needs of Baltimore City employees and job seekers in order to enhance and promote the local economy. At MOED, we view our mission broadly to deliver economic justice to our city! To us, economic justice means creating an equitable workforce system for all residents – especially those who have been generationally and systemically disadvantaged – one that is responsive to their needs and ensures viable economic opportunities. Our vision is for all City residents to maximize their career potential and all employers have the human resources to grow and prosper – a workforce system that works.
This grant-supported position is funded by Baltimore City’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allocation, with funding available through June 30, 2024. ARPA workforce programs will provide residents an opportunity for meaningful work, financial stability, and a hopeful future as the City recovers from the public health and economic crises of the pandemic. MOED’s programs will serve residents citywide and prioritize disadvantaged workers who are unemployed or underemployed due to COVID-19. Programs include apprenticeships, sector-based occupational training (Train Up), transitional employment (Hire Up), support services (including legal and behavioral health services, financial empowerment counseling, and adult education), summer youth employment and school-time job readiness training (YouthWorks), wage subsidies for small, minority-owned businesses, transportation assistance, and the expansion of MOED’s community job hubs network.
Position Overview: The IT Technician will support all functions of IT department assigned by IT Engineer and/or Manager.
- Backup on Servers for ARPA funded staff - Member of team to check backup jobs to determine the job status and remediate failed jobs if possible. If unsuccessful, escalate to an engineer or manager.
- Antivirus Security - Check anti-virus console daily for security threat, Virus Update protection, Tamper Protection issues for servers and workstations at sites assigned by IT manager. Ensure all workstations have ant i-virus software installed on them at sites assigned by IT manager.
- Microsoft Updates - Ensure all Windows Operating systems are updating through the Microsoft WSUS console, and notify IT management on any issues needing escalating to bring to resolution.
- User Management - Responsible for administrative management of users accounts. Verify that users home directories are on correct server, and mailbox is in correct exchange information store database. Ensure Xerox workflow scanning is properly setup for each user at sites that are assigned by IT management.
- Monitor, update, and resolve helpdesk issues related to the ARPA funded activities:
- Check service desk/helpdesk to update existing service requests, and create new service requests for users located at MOED centers. Updates shall include all electronic and voice communication. Any service request that cannot be resolved after calling vendor support must be escalated to IT management.
- Complete assignments/projects as assigned by IT management in service desk/helpdesk.
- Maintain and inventory ARPA funded hardware:
- Servers - check server administrator, device manager, logs, and check performance monitor for resource utilization, and resolve any issue with server hardware. Check Bias, firmware, and drivers for updates.
- Workstation: - check device manager, logs, and check performance monitor for resource utilization, and resolve any issue with server hardware. Check Bios, firmware, and drivers for updates.
- Printers - Maintain printers TCP\ IP configuration, resolve printer communication issues, update drivers and firmware to keep printers available to all MOED staff.
- Switches - Assist BCIT on any Switch related issue. WiFi - Assist BCIT on any Switch related issue.
- Cable Management - ensure network cabling in network racks are neat and not out of order.
- Preform any application installs and upgrades for ARPA as assigned by the IT manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in Personal-based computer systems; internet and intranet technologies; computer- based communications protocol; network cabling.
- Skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting network operating system, hardware and off ice applications.
- Ability to schedule network corrective maintenance and repairs, investigate, diagnose and repair network-based system problems; communicate effectively, both verbally and in written format to diverse audiences; establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency user personnel, information systems personnel and computer vendors; produce detailed technical updates to service desk requests.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma and an Associate Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline. A degree can be substituted for experience. Two years experience repairing and configuring networked computers and Internet based technologies. Configuring printers and other peripheral equipment.
- A+ and Network + Certification.
- Expert knowledge of remote desktop and security protocols from various vendors designated by department managers.