Posting Date: 9/06/2022
Classification: Facilities/Office Services I
Functional Job Title: Office Assistant I
Status & FLSA: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit: CUB-Unrepresented
Salary Range: $14.81/Hourly
Location: 100 West 23rd Street Baltimore, Maryland 21218
About City of Baltimore, Mayor’s Office of Employment Development:
The Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) coordinates and directs workforce development initiatives responsive to the needs of Baltimore City employees and job seekers in order to enhance and promote the local economy. At MOED, we view our mission broadly to deliver economic justice to our city! To us, economic justice means creating an equitable workforce system for all residents – especially those who have been generationally and systemically disadvantaged – one that is responsive to their needs and ensures viable economic opportunities. Our vision is for every City resident to maximize his/her career potential and all employers have the human resources to grow and prosper – a workforce system that works.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical support to department / agency as assigned
- Receives and screens incoming calls directs them to appropriate department.
- Greet agency visitors / customers in professional – business-like manner.
- Gives routine information to the public or refers them to proper sources of information.
- Types letters, memoranda, reports, documents, and other materials; assists in maintaining databases.
- Operates various office equipment, i.e. fax machine, copiers, scanner, computer etc.
- Maintains and organizes hard copy files and e files.
- Schedules appointments, assists in special events, and assists in meeting services (room set-up, food organization, etc.), may open / deliver simple customer orientations or workshops.
- Opens sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail.
- May order and maintain office supplies and materials for assigned departments.
- May maintain attendance and payroll records and files, and prepare basic reports on operations.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skilled in basic office practices/ procedures and behavior; use of standard office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, scanners; basic skills in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and data entry in database applications
- Capable of learning and using designated Agency and/or City/State software programs as needed, (i.e. MWR, etc.)
- Able to perform moderately complex math computations; (i.e., sum, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, averages)
- Verbal and written communication skills; basic command of business English to include punctuation and grammar
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public.
- Solid office organizational skills; execute work assignments on time in format required
- Able to work independently and as a team member toward common goals and project completion
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- · High School Diploma or GED
- One to two years of office/clerical experience to include use of MS Office products