$1,000 sign on bonus
Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach and work for justice.
St. Anne Adult Day Care is currently looking for a Van Driver- Part - Time who is responsible for providing daily and special event transportation for the participants of the Adult Day Care Program. Also responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle.
St. Ann Day Services is a day program for older adults that provides activities, socialization, and medical supervision so that your loved ones can continue to live at home. Van Drivers at St. Ann are responsible for providing daily and special event transportation for the participants of the program as well for basic maintenance of the agency vehicle. The schedule is Monday - Friday: 7am - 10am, 2pm - 5pm (Split Shift).
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports participants to and from the center daily and for special events as requested
- Obtains routing information from designated staff member and reports related problems immediately following the trip.
- Assists participants in and out of the van and assures that participants get inside the house when taken home.
- Maintains security for passengers at all times, by using the wheelchair locks, safety belts and other measures defined in the program’s policies and procedures.
- Observes participants for changes in functioning and reports observations to designated staff member immediately following trip
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Driving (Agency and/or personal vehicle) is required for this position.
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age, with a minimum of 2 years of driving experience, and a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence.
- There can be no state issued restrictions on the licenses that would impede driver’s ability to operate the vehicle as required by the Agency, and there must not be more than three (3) points on their driving record.
- Current commercial driver’s license with no more than three points and a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate in
accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations at time of application.
- Responsible for ensuring that Medical Certificate remains current and will notify the Agency if the Certificate is not
- Previous experience driving a van or other large vehicle preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- This position requires the ability to use full vision and hearing, have complete range of motion, push a wheelchair and
operate a wheelchair lift, and transfer at least 110 pounds as needed.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination and drug screen. Must also be able to pass a CPR and First Aid exam.
Catholic Charities has a COVID Mandated Vaccination policy for all employees, which includes an exemption process.