- Engages with students and teachers in high schools to understand their career and work-based learning interests and needs
- Develops, implements, and enhances districtwide career exposure opportunities by working with students and teachers at K-8 schools, high schools, local business, Mayor's Office of Employment Development, and the Maryland Department of Labor
- Works with employers to develop work-based learning opportunities for students
- Supports maintenance of work-based learning database to capture employers interested in work-based learning and to capture student requests for opportunities
- Coordinates informational interviews, job shadowing, internships, apprenticeships, and other work-based learning opportunities, with priority given to students in Career and Technical Education pathways
- Assists with career development of students through Career and Technical Education clusters, extended learning opportunities, and employability skills workshops
- Supports employer readiness to work with students through regular check-ins, coaching, webinars, etc.
- Prepares, reviews, and edits written materials as needed for correspondence, marketing, and agendas.
- Attends and supports Local Advisory Committee and Program Advisory Committee meetings
- Develops marketing materials and outreach to principals, teachers, parents and students to recruit students to participate in work-based learning opportunities.
- Collects and assess data on student work-based learning experiences, both from students and employers.
- Supports work-based learning events (e.g., Career Fair, Senior Job Fair).
- Supports student exposure and connection to post-secondary workforce training opportunities
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies, follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Customer Focus - Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills - Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships - Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Maximum Salary84891.00Minimum Salary68604.00Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university.
- At least three years of combined experience as a teacher, school counselor, school administrator, district-office worker, or in the workforce development field required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and/or implementing work-based learning programming
- Successful, in quantifiable terms, project management or educator experience required.
- Effective leadership, management, and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of current theory of instruction, assessment, curriculum, and workforce development trends required.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical audiences, in conducting formal presentations and preparing reports.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google, and Baltimore City Schools applications preferred.
Full time or Part timeFull timeAdditional Details
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschool... City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.
This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.